Show Date: Thursday, June 21 15:00 EDT
Monitoringsucks, a Status Update, Download Here!Warning!
Lusis curses extensively during this episode
- Patrick Debois github, twitter, irc: jedi4ever, blog
- Lusis github, twitter, irc: lusis, blog
- MattRay github, twitter, irc: mattray, blog
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Bryan Berry github, twitter, irc: bryanwb, blog: devopsanywhere
In the News
- A zesty Chef server API wrapper that lets you easily integrate your apps with a Chef server. Spice provides support for the Chef API and has recently undergone a complete rewrite!
- Returned results are now full interactive objects and not just hashes. Create, update, and destroy resources with an ORM-like interface.
- Note: this version of Spice is a major version bump, which means it is not backwards-compatible with previous versions.
- Support for Ubuntu 12.04, aka Precise Pangolin support
- Chef cookbook for orchestration of easyapache upgrades for cPanel
- Installs/Configures smbfs and adds mount points according to data driven pattern
More Cookbook Updates
Here’s a list of other cookbooks that were updated recently:
Now with TravisCI & Foodcritic…
Bryan, have you noticed the recent trend with adding TravisCI build status widgets to a cookbook’s README? Most of them are using TravisCI to run Foodcritic tests. About 30% of the cookbooks we’ve mentioned today have TravisCI integration. I think you recently set this up for the minitest-handler cookbook. How difficult was it?
Do you have cookbook news that you’d like to share or feedback on the show? Please drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic: Monitoring Sucks
- continuous integration with puppet
- the all-American roadtrip
We are looking for guests for a Windows + chef show. If you are interested to talk about this, let us know.
Until next time, Keep it Hot!