Join our panelists as we discuss Test Kitchen!
- Fletcher Nichol twitter, github
- JJ Asghar github, twitter, blog, irc: j2
- Jonathan Hartman github, twitter, irc: roboticcheese - Jon was able to join us almost long enough to introduce himself ;(
- Joshua Timberman github, twitter, blog
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Salim Afiune github, twitter
- Scott Pustay github, twitter, blog
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Chef Community Summit - October 2 & 3 - FOODFIGHT saves 10%
Chef Community Summit London - October 15 & 16 - FOODFIGHT saves 10%
DevOpsDays Chicago - October 7 & 8 - The Food Fight Show is a Media Sponsor code FOODFIGHT10 will save you 10% off!
VMWorld - August 24 - 28
- Chef and Azure Webinar - August 27
- FlowCon - September 3 & 4
- Managing Containers with Chef - Webinar - September 10
- Fossetcon - September 11 - 13
- Velocity New York - September 15-17
- PowerShell DSC at Chef-NYC Meetup - September 17
- Chef Analytics Webinar - September 17
- Beyond the Code - September 19 in Ottawa Canada
PowerShell Summit EU - September 29 through October 1 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Upcoming Chef Training
Use discount code FOODFIGHT to save 10% off upcoming Chef training that’s being held in
There are also a number of classes being offered online.
Here’s a brief outline of some of the things we’d like to discuss. Add your ideas to the show notes.
- What is Test Kitchen?
- Why Test Kitchen?
- Walk us through a
- How does one get started with Test Kitchen?
- How does one extend Test Kitchen?
- bussers; and the magic behind them
- How are the Chef Development Kit and Test Kitchen related?
- Interesting use cases for test-kitchen. Leveraging drivers to do development in the cloud when local machine restrictions won’t allow for vagrant/vmware.
- Does TK have any support for evaluating idempotence and/or run performance?
- Test Kitchen & Windows Guest? Uhmmm is that possible?
- How do bussers work? Are they run from the host machine or on the machine under test?
- Chef Cookbook Development Workflow RFC
- The Goal, especially the audio book version
- Walking (the exercise, you know, get up from your desk)
- RFC - Homebrew As OS X Default Package Provider
- Chef Issue - Homebrew As OS X Default Package Provider
- Homebrew Cask
- The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
- Chef reporting API and the knife-reporting gem
- Chef Developers’ IRC Meetings
- Taking a proper vacation: leave your phone and computer at home.
- Not being an asshole on social media or anywhere else, for that matter.
The show is sponsored, in part, by Chef.