Show Date: May 22, 2013
Foodcritic, knife cookbook test, Chefspec, minitest chef handler, and cucumber chef. So many tools but how are these actually used in practice?
Listen in on the panel discussion of testing in practice.
- Bryan Berry github, twitter, irc: bryanwb, blog: devopsanywhere
- Fletcher Nichol twitter, github
- Jason Fox twitter, github, blog
- Julian Dunn twitter, github, blog
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Ranjib Dey github, twitter, blog
- Stephen Nelson-Smith twitter, github
- TDD your DevOps with test-kitchen 1.0 a video from @drnic showing off TDD with test-kitchen.
- Managing Your Ruby Toolchain - a series of blog posts from @sascha_d: Part 1 and Part 2: The Package Repo Rant
- The Chef Survival Guide: An Opinionated Approach to Test Driven Chef Development - The is an eBook from Jason Fox
- Open The Bifrost! - Recent improvements to Hosted Chef’s permission manager. With pretty graphs!
- Chef News
- What is testing?
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- The evolution of testing
- Syntax of linting tools
- Standardizing Workflows
- The converge in chefspec vs normal converge
- Ruby blocks and bash blocks
- Travis CI
- Stubbing search calls
- Mocks and Stubs
- Test Kitchen
- IRC Question: Test Kitchen currently uses Chef solo. Is there a way to get it to use chef-client?
- Load Balancers and Jenkins Servers
- The concept of how a driver works and their role in Test Kitchen
- Mixing and matching drivers
- A first foray into testing: where to start?
- CI Methods of testing
- When will Test Kitchen 1.0 be ready?
- Newcastle Brown Ale – The beer that fueled Jamie (Test Kitchen 1.0) and many other projects
- Beta of our expanded LWRP documentation – please check it out and submit PRs! resource and provider
- Summit Sága IPA – because I’m in Minneapolis, and in honor of the fact that we deployed Bifröst, the new authentication backend for Hosted Chef
- jenkins.rb ruby api on top of jenkins