Show Date: July 9, 2013
In this episode, we discuss managing secrets with Chef.
- Bryan Berry github, twitter, irc: bryanwb, blog: devopsanywhere
- Cameron Johnston - github, twitter
- Kevin Moser github, twitter
- Matt Ray github, twitter, irc: mattray, blog
- Miah Johnson github, twitter
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Chef on Windows – detecting and fixing WMI problems which prevent chef-client runs a blog post from thetrainline.com engineering team.
- The Hows and Whys of Cookbook Testing with Seth Vargo - A recorded meetup presentation from the Chef-NYC meetup group.
- Travis CI Continuous Deployment to Heroku - Add a couple of lines to your
.travis.ymland your application will be automatically deployed to Heroku.
- Chef News
- Storing Secrets
- Managing Encrypted Data Bags
- What is a “Secret” and Why Share Them?
- Authentication Process and Validation
- chef-client cookbook and the delete_validation recipe
- Data Bags
- Encrypted vs Non-encrypted
- Gazzang zTrustee
- Chef Vault
- Knife Briefcase
- Cloud Keep
- Deploy Keys
- deploy_key cookbook
- Changing/Replacing a Secret
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Future Perfect: The Case For Progress In A Networked Age
- ghostery - But there was some discussion in the backchannel about ghostery: