Join us as we discuss DevOps at Riot Games.
- Brandon Burton github, twitter
- Dominica DeGrandis twitter
- Erik Black github, twitter, irc: eblack
- Jeff Hackert github, twitter
- Josiah Kiehl github, twitter
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Michael Ivey github, twitter, blog
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Introducing Enterprise Chef - Private and Hosted Chef have been renamed to Enterprise Chef|.
- Opscode and Arista Networks Extend IT Automation to Networking
Opscode Chef Delivers Robust Open Source Automation Platform for Windows Environments and a webinar with Julian Dunn: Cooking with Chef on Microsoft Windows August 27 at 10AM PDT.
Visit Opscode During VMWorld - Opscode will be on the exhibit floor during VMWorld, August 25th-28th. If you’re at the show be sure to stop by grab a sticker and chat about your automation project, with Chef or otherwise. You’ll find us in booth #1748. See you at the conference!
- Opscode Community Summit - Join us November 12-13 in Seattle to share your ideas, triumphs, and challenges with Chef or other personal projects. Space is limited so register today!
- Chef News
- Riot Games
- League of Legends
- The Riot Manifesto
- Player Experienece
- Challenge Convention
- Focus on the team and talent
- Take play seriously
- Stay hungry and humble
- Riot’s Infrastucture and challenging convention
- Netflix Open Source Center
- Culture and how engineering teams work together at Riot
- How big are the teams?
- Challenges introducing new technology
- Common set of practices and proccesses
- Creating Automation
- Relational Databases
- Open Source Experimentation
- Deployment Automation
- Questions from IRC
- How do you support or do infrastructure testing in QA for operations?
- Do you use Archaius with Chef Search?
- What’s up with Thor?
- What do you do in terms of monitoring?
- DevOpsDays - Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Atlanta. You can still submit proposals for NYC, Vancouver, Barcelona, and Portland.
- Chef Community organization on github. It’s where the Cookbook Versioning Policy is stored and is meant as an organization that can “adopt” maintenance of repositories and cookbooks that have lost their maintainers.