The Podcast where DevOps chefs do battle
- How do I figure out how parameterize an MSI install?
- Key windows-specific resources you should know about: registry_key, env
- Creating and managing Windows services
- What is a windows service?
- Tools, automating creation of services?
- nssm.cc, procrun
- How does a service resource relate to Windows services?
- Explaining “Get-Service”, “Start-Service”, “Stop-Service”
- If run chef under the SYSTEM user and sometimes I get weird errors that I can’t reproduce while logged in
psexec -s some_command.exe
- What is the pstools suite? Which commands are of particular interest:
ANSWER: All of them.
- Servercore - Can I run Powershell ISE or another editor with server core? Otherwise, how do I edit files?
- Servercore gotchas
- Building windows amis for EC2
- Put code to generate SSL certificate in userdata
- Connect to instance over winrm
- Packer is your friend
- There is a good example in the Ansible codebase, example from knife bootstrap?
- Is using GNUWIN32 utilities on windows, a bad idea?
less can’t read unicode files on win2k12,
ls has bizarre issues
- remote-file editing w/ ISE coming
- Powershell basics: Do both stdout and stderr return objects?
There are actually 7, count ‘em 7 streams
- What is the equivalent of (strace)[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strace] in Windows?