Join us as we discuss Complexity Theory and Cynefin. This twitter thread is the inspiration for this show.
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Dave Zwieback twitter, blog, github
- Courtney Nash twitter, github
- Ben Rockwood twitter, blog, github
- Dave Snowden twitter, blog
- Upcoming Chef Training - Register with code FOODFIGHT to save 10%
- Bangalore - Fundamentals
- San Francisco - Fundamentals
- Bangalore - Intermediate
- London - Intermediate with Nathen! - Feb 5-6
- NYC - Intermediate
- NYC - Fundamentals
- Seattle / Windows
- San Francisco - Intermediate
- London - Fundamentals
- Atlanta - Intermediate
- Atlanta - Fundamentals
- Minneapolis - Fundamentals
- Minneapolis - Intermediate
- Upcoming Conferences & Events
- March 31 - Community Summit & Training Workshops
- April 1 & 2 - Keynotes, session tracks, etc.
- Schedule - Still a bit of a work in progress
- Register with code FOODFIGHT to save 10%
- This twitter thread is the inspiration for this show.
- The HBR Article: David J. Snowden and Mary E. Boone: A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making
- [Ben Rockwood’s Keynote at LISA: The DevOps Transformation
- Dave Snowden: Beyond Manufacturing Metaphors: Thinking Anew, Acting Anew
- Complexity Defined: The Complexity Theory
- How do we know which domain (obvious/complicated/complex/chaotic) we’re in, and how does that impact how we might act?
- Emergent Coherence
- Scientific Management of Systems
- Six Sigma
- Consensus and Ritual Decent
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Requisite Diversity
- Conceptual Blending
- Cognitive Nueroscience
- Applying the theory to day to day activities and teams
- How do these ideas relate to DevOps, IT Operations, Agile, LEAN, ITIL, etc.?
- Is the understanding of complex, adaptive systems one of the reasons for the emergence of DevOps?
- Is DevOps itself a complex, adaptive system (including its pratitioners)?
- Why manufacturing metaphors may not work in describing IT Operations?
- Safety => Breaking the Rules, Compliance
- Testing, Anticipatory Awareness
- Snow and the weather
- Awesome Postmortems Workshop - February 12, 2015, NYC.
The show is sponsored, in part, by Chef.