Join us for a discussion about InSpec, the open-source testing framework for infrastructure with a human- and machine-readable language for specifying compliance, security, and policy requirements.
- Christoph Hartmann github, twitter
- Dominik Richter github, twitter
- Gary Bright github twitter
- Paul Welch github, twitter
- Mike Fiedler github, twitter, blog
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
What’s Cooking? - Chef News & Events
- Upcoming Chef Training
- From the Chef Blog
- From the mailing list - https://discourse.chef.io/
- New on the supermarket
- Recent Cookbooks
- sssd_ad v0.6.0 - installs SSSD on a Ubuntu system and configures it for Active Directory authentication
- flywaydb v3.0.0 - Installs flywaydb and allows for execution of flyway commands via resource actions.
- chef_install_configure_collectd v0.1.3 - a set of recipes to install and configure collectd
- gimp v1.0.1 - installs GIMP
- netapp_e v1.1.0 - Manages NetApp E-Series storage systems
- divvy v0.2.1
- ceph-chef v0.9.8 - Installs/Configures Ceph (Hammer and above)
- seven_zip v2.0.0 - Installs/Configures the 7-zip file archiver and provides the
- sumologic-collector v1.2.4
- dynatrace v0.1.13 - Installs the Dynatrace Application Monitoring solution.
- Follow @getgetchef on twitter for more cookbook updates.
- Recent Tools and Plugins
- Recent Cookbooks
- Upcoming Events
- ChefConf 2016 - July 11-13 in Austin, Texas. CFP and ticket sales are now open.
- Bucks County Tech Meetup
- Successful Practices for Continuous Delivery – DevOpsDC Meetup
- Vancouver - April 15-16
- London - April 19-20
- Rockies/Denver - April 21-22
- Atlanta - April 26-27
- Austin - May 2-3
- Kiel - May 12-13
- Seattle - May 12-13
- Toronto - May 26-27
- Istanbul - June 3
- Washington, DC - June 8-9
- Salt Lake City - June 14-15
- Amsterdam - June 29 - July 1
- Minneapolis - July 20-21
- Portland - August 9-10
- Chicago - August 30-31
- Dallas - September 15-16
- New York - September 23-24
- Detroit - October 11-12
- InSpec - open-source testing framework for infrastructure with a human- and machine-readable language for specifying compliance, security and policy requirements.
- Inspec vs Serverspec
- Why another test framework?
- Who are the target users of inspec?
- Chef Compliance
inspeccommand line interface
- Train - Transport Interface to unify communication over SSH, WinRM, and friends.
- InSpec 1.0 - watch for it soon!
- gnu libc vulnerability - CVE-2015-7547
- Crystal programing language
- Take a vacation!
The Food Fight Show is brought to you by Nathen Harvey with help from other hosts and the awesome community of Chefs.
The show is sponsored, in part, by Chef.